Servings: 8 as main course
1 Onion, medium diced
4 Shallots, medium diced
2 pieces of Kielbasa (or Andouille), cut into 1 inch pieces
12 oz can of Tomatoes, diced
2 lbs. new potatoes, washed and scrubbed
6 ears of Corn, husked, cut into 3rds
1 Bottle of Dry White Wine
Littleneck Clams, 1 dozen, washed and scrubbed, hold in separate container in refrigerator
Mussels, 1 dozen, washed, scrubbed and debeared (in flour water), hold in separate container in refrigerator
Cockles, 1 dozen, washed and scrubbed, hold in separate container in refrigerator
Large Shrimps, 1 dozen, butterflied, deveined, with heads on
2 1-lb lobsters, bamboo skewer the tails
Olive Oil, 4 T.
Pepper to taste
1 small bunch Parsley, cut stems off, bundle with butcher twine
Parsley leaves, rough chopped for garnish
Fresh Thyme, 4 sprigs
1 Bay Leaf
1 French Baguette, cut into ½ slices, on bias
Fresh Mayonnaise (Delouis Fils)
Fresh Chives, finely chopped for garnish
Ice Cold Beers
- Prepare mise-en-place.
- In large stock pot (16 quarts), heat Olive Oil over medium-high heat.
- Add Kielbasa and sautee until brown and fat is rendered, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add diced Onions, cook for 1 minute. Then add Shallots, cook for additional minute.
- Add Bay Leaf, Thyme, and Parsley stems. Add diced Tomatoes and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Add potatoes and cold water (enough to cover potatoes) and 2 cups of White Wine.
- Cover pot. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add corn and cook for 10 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Add in rest of White Wine.
- Add seafood in this order in 5 minute intervals: lobster first, then shrimps, then clams, mussels, and cockles, together. Total cook time: 20-30 minutes—remove mussels, clams, and cockles when shells start to open.
- Remove shrimps when pink and opaque.
- Remove lobster with thongs and remove rubber bands from claws and set on cutting board.
- Carefully remove the rest of vegetables and put on large serving platter.
- Using a strainer and a large bowl, pour the rest of the contents out.
- Spoon broth over vegetables and seafood on serving platter.
- Crack lobster claws and knuckles and place on top of platter, garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve with sliced baguette and fresh chive mayonnaise, lemon wedges, and ice cold beers.
Useful Tip: Use pasta bowls, forks and spoons. Also have a container for shells.