Sometimes on a Friday night when we don’t feel like going out but instead want to tuck into a good dinner and a movie, we’ll make something quick and easy like this recipe of Shrimp with Green and Yellow Squash.
Shrimp with Green and Yellow Squash
(Makes 4 servings)
3/4 lb. Shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 lb. fresh Spaghetti (from our favorite pasta place, Rafetto’s)
1 medium Zucchini, julienned into thin strips
1 medium Yelllow Squash, julienned into thin strips
1/2 pt. Cherry Tomatoes, halved
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1/4 c. White Wine (Pinot Grigio)
1 Tbsp. Red Pepper Flakes
3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
1. Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to boil.
2. Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in sautee pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook for 1 minute. Add 1/2 of garlic and cook until shrimp is opaque (2-3 minutes). Remove shrimp and garlic from pan and set aside.
3. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in sautee pan over medium heat. Add rest of garlic, red pepper flakes, and tomatoes, cook for 1 minute. Add squash, white wine, stirring to cook evenly (3-4 minutes).
3. Meanwhile add pasta to boiling water, and cook for 2-3 minutes or until desired doneness. Reserve some pasta water.
4. Add reserved shrimp to the squash, transfer cooked pasta to the pan. Using thongs, swirl and mix the pasta with shrimp, squash tomato sauce. Feel free to add pasta water to sauce to desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste. Also optional, grate Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese to your heart’s content. Bon Appetit!